Host a Local Screening
Click Here to request info on Community Screenings
Click Here to request info on Home Screenings
Community screenings are at the heart of our outreach program. We know that when people watch the film Kilowatt Ours: A Plan to Re-Energize America, they learn about energy issues, become motivated and inspired to take action, and begin saving energy and choosing renewable power.
We invite you to consider hosting a screening to help us educate, motivate and inspire people in your community. Here are some ideas for screenings you might consider:
- At public libraries, schools, at colleges or university buildings, or in conjunction with a local theater or museum
- At the office, in your church, or for any other groups & organizations you belong to including environmental, social and networking groups, chambers of commerce, and more.
- For friends and family, for your neighbors or community, or for legislators
- At environmental conferences and gatherings
The Kilowatt Ours Screenings program offers a public performance license giving you permission to screen the film, and the following support:
- A checklist to help you plan your screening
- Promotional Materials & Handouts including the following:
- Email Invitation Text
- Flyers, handbills and posters
- A Press Release
- Sign up sheets
- Donation Request forms
- Handouts: 10 Steps to Save Energy, and Campus Energy Savings Tips
- We'll also promote your public event on the Kilowatt Ours website!
- A curriculum with additional resources and activities you may include in your event.
- An online forum where you can share ideas and success stories with others who have hosted screenings.
We are also available as a resource to help your plan your event and answer any questions. Thank you for considering hosting a Community or Home Screening. To begin the process, please complete the form below.
Community Screenings are larger screenings in the community often held at a public venue, for larger groups and organizations, and they are sometimes open to the public. Planning a Community Screening takes some time. To learn more please complete the information below:
Home Screenings are smaller events that you host in your home (using your TV monitor and DVD player or computer) for family, friends and/or neighbors. This is a great way to spread the message without the time commitment of a community screening. To learn more please complete the information below: